Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Nursing Home Performance

Hey All!

Yesterday, I had a solo oboe recital at a nursing home. It was a very fun and fulfilling experience. The audience really liked the music and clapped after each movement :P I talked about each piece and they had lots of questions for me and about the music. I performed the following:

CPE Bach: Sonata for Oboe Alone in G minor
Henri Tomasi: Evocations
Heinz Holliger: Sonata (3 of the 4 movements)
Benjamin Britten: Six Metamorphoses after Ovid

It was a bit of a chop killer, but I was strong enough! I talked about each individual movement before I played each one for the Tomasi and the Britten, since the works are so programmatic.

Again, I had a ball, and the residents who came really enjoyed it too. I recommend this to all musicians out there. Even to you non-musicians! Do you have a talent that you can share with the elderly? Volunteer your time to make somebody's day a little brighter! Call a local nursing home and volunteer today!

No comments:

Post a Comment