Wednesday, December 4, 2013

My Final MGSO Concert- Listen live online tonight!

Hey All!

Tonight is my final MGSO concert, and final event of my master degree. We are playing Verdi Nabucco Overture, Brahms Violin Concerto, and Stravinsky Rite of Spring.  I am playing the principal English horn part on the Stravinsky. It's a pretty awesome part! You can listen to it live here. 7:30 pm eastern, 6:30 pm central.

The concerto soloist is Professor Axel Strauss. He is amazing! Ahhh! And Zach is playing the principal oboe on it and is rocking the solo.

If you have seen Disney's Fantasia, then you have heard the Rite of Spring. It is the volcano and dinosaur work. It has such a marvelous story behind the premiere. I recommend reading about it!

I also get to finish my final concert with a solo :P


No comments:

Post a Comment