Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Dear Friends and Czech Food

Hi All!

I survived my recital! I just received word that the recording is in the office, so I will put it up online within the week for you all to listen.

A few weeks ago, my dear friend Andy from church took his daughter Kathy, Alicia, and me to a lovely little restaurant called Prague here in Montreal. It was ridiculously good!  Here are some pictures:

 I had the J√§gerschnitzel, which is a fried thin slice of pork, with mashed potatoes and veggies.
 Alicia had some yummy beef and dumplings!
 Apple fritter for dessert! Yum!
 Andy and his pork knuckles :) He was in WWII, hence the poppy for Remembrance Day.
 This is Kathy. I cannot remember what she ordered.
Alicia!

Andy is in the hospital right now. He is sad because he missed my recital and I'm sad because he is ill! I had an adventure going to visit him in the hospital. I had to take the orange metro quite a ways, and then get on the 140 bus to get to the hospital. It is an extremely French part of the town, so communication was hard at the hospital, but I found him! And now I can describe to you what a hospital in a single-payer health system looks like. Don't expect much if we get to that. If a hospital looked like that in the US, it would be violating at least a dozen health codes, but, people seem to like the government covering health care.

Justin was here last weekend. We went to a Hungarian Bazaar and had lunch. Here is my food from that:
Sausages! Sauerkraut! Potatoes! Pickles! Rye Bread! Num, num, num!

No comments:

Post a Comment