Friday, April 26, 2013

Lachine Canal run plus CAORC!

Hey all!

I did a fantastic run today by the Lachine Canal in Montreal.  I wish I would be here this summer to experience the city.  It's starting to come alive and it isn't even that warm out yet!  People tell me that the city is bustling with farmer's markets, live jazz, kayaking, biking, running, and much more.  The city literally comes out of hibernation for the few warm months of the year.
 Here is a view of the city center.
 This is the canal.  In the summer, the water becomes much higher.
Here is a better view of the city.

In other news, I registered for the Cable Area Off Road Classic in the 25 mile division.  I'm a little nervous, but a lot excited.  I've started running more to help cross train with my road biking.  I have been doing quite a few 15-20 mile days here due to commuting, which all include a lot of hills.  I need to do some "just for for training" rides and when I get to Rice Lake, some mountain bike trails.  Since my mountain bike is in RL, I'll rely on the massive hills Montreal has to offer to prepare me for this race.

Here is a delicious dish I recently made and ate:
In it are mushrooms, tomatoes, asparagus, red pepper, avocado, and Wal-mart brand lemon poppyseed dressing.  I only sautéed the asparagus a bit and the rest of the fruits and veggies are raw.  I inhaled it.  I'll keep this mix in mind for light summer fare and a salad to bring to potlucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment