Friday, March 15, 2013

Oatmeal Fun!

This evening I experienced Super C for the first time.  I have heard many Montrealers talk about the great prices of Super C, but I never had lived near one, nor had the time to travel just for groceries.  Now I live a few blocks away from one.  It is across from the Atwater Market and near an SAQ (government liquor store).  The prices were much closer to US prices than any of the other grocery stores.  Right when I got home, I made some fun oatmeal snacks.  I rely on Lärabars and other granola bars to make it between meals, so I made my own!

These are some lovely chewy oatmeal bars from Kath Eats Real Food.  I didn't add nuts, but added more sunflower seeds.  I also added about 1/4 cup honey and substituted water for milk.  Very, very good!
These are from the Daily Garnish.  I didn't coat mine with coconut, but they taste great!  Coconut has been quickly growing on me since I've been consciously cutting refined sugar out of my diet.  It is naturally sweet and has ridiculous amounts of nutrients.  This recipe gave me the opportunity to pull out the food processor that Justin gave me for my birthday!


The mixture makes a doughish consistency.  Then, you roll the dough into balls and refrigerate!

Tomorrow I will make lentil tacos.  I am very excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment