Friday, March 1, 2013

Food, Protests, Concert, and Ohio Apartment

Hey All!

I have so many things to update you on.

First: Click here to listen to the McGill Symphony Orchestra concert tomorrow, Saturday, March 2nd, 2013, at 7:30 pm Eastern time zone LIVE and online.  We will be doing the Higdon Percussion Concerto, Yamada "Mask and Shadow", Vivier's "Orion" (which this concert may be the recording that NAXOS uses for their new Canadian Voices series), and Bartok's "Miraculous Mandarin".  I will actually be playing principal oboe on the Vivier and Bartok, which is super sweet for me.

Second:  There was some protesting in Montreal on Tuesday, because the weather was warm.  Students want free University tuition.  Here are some pics:

Third:  Here are some good meals I have been eating:
This is quinoa, broccoli, black beans, cheese, and taco seasoning. Very yummy.
 This is what I'm eating at this moment.  Scrambled eggs with cheese, frozen raspberries, and tomato juice.  Nutrition!

Third:  My sublessor in Bowling Green didn't pay for Feb 15-March 15.  Therefore, I am legally obligated to pay.  The management company let me know 2 days before they would sue me....So Justin, who is the BEST MAN IN THE WORLD paid for me and facilitated the situation where the sublessor turned in her key and signed a formal letter relinquishing the property back to me.  Now, I should have possession of my apartment back to re sublet.  Blehhhh!  It's stressful, but at least I didn't have to take her to court.  I felt so helpless being here, and being legally financially responsible if they don't pay, but I didn't have rights to my apartment, and if the tenant wouldn't cooperate, I would be forced to sue her.  Hopefully this will all work out and I'll find a sublessor for the rest of the lease (until August 14, 2013).  I will throw a party on August 15.

Lesson learned: stay away from housing contracts unless you know for 100% certain you will be in that city the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment