Sunday, January 27, 2013

Product Review- Lube

BIKE lube!  You silly people.  I bought this lube at Grinders from my dear friend Cody who is an amazing unicycler and bike repairman.

I wanted some chain lube that would be appropriate for winter riding.  I bike in cold (the lowest I go is  -5 fahrenheit), in rain, on ice, and in soupy snow.  Cody recommended this White Lightning Wet Ride which is a heavy lube meant for extreme conditions.  I love it!  I needed to wipe the old grease off before applying it, and I need to reapply it every few days, but it works wonderful.  The ride is always smoother after I use this.  I have some cheap lube I bought from Wal-Mart a few years ago, which has worked in nice conditions, but I think I will stick to the White Lightning brand for my year-round bike needs.


No comments:

Post a Comment